Sunday, July 5, 2009

Paris Street Market

The Paris Street Market on the 4th of July was awesome! The crowd was huge, parking was scarce, but the vendors were prepared! This was my first time at this particular market, and I wasn't disappointed. I ended up going by myself, but I didn't mind. I do my best shopping when I'm by myself.

I saw several things I wanted to buy. I especially liked the antique scales. Although they were unique, they weren't quite what I had envisioned finding for myself. I really, really, truly want an antique candy scale like the one my mother owned. As a little girl, I can remember her filling the scale with old-fashioned ribbon candy at Christmas. (With a house full of 6 kids and several grandchildren, I'm sure the candy didn't last long!) I am hoping to find a scale that is close to the one I remember my mother having. My sisters better watch out, I know they each have one! I could bring an extra suitcase next time I visit...

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I adore antique scales. I just hating getting on scales myself!