Saturday, February 21, 2009

"I Spy" a Quilt on Taloulabelle's Long Arm!

The lastest creation to pass under my needle and thread is a fun "I Spy" quilt!! It's a small lap size with a unique setting layout. The blocks appear to be staggered within the setting.


Laura, the quilter from Des Moines, chose yellow background fabric for the sashing. The blocks are a variety of juvenile prints that will provide hours of "spying" new things. The backing fabric is a print with fish, bugs, globes, flowers ... anything you can think of is there for spying fun.



I chose an all over loop and star design using bright yellow thread. I thought the star would add an added item to search for! I charge 1 1/2 cents per square inch to stitch this design on your quilt
.

I met Laura when I was working at a quilt shop in Des Moines. She showed me the ropes as a new employee. It's been a pleasure to work on Laura's quilts and an honor to call her my friend.

Until next time ... Make every day an adventure in fabric and thread!

No comments: